Do you want to straighten your smile? Feeling hesitant or embarrassed about wearing traditional metal braces. We deal with several such patients in our dental office, who’re worried about how they will look having metal braces in front of the teeth. So we ask them.
Can you get braces on the back of your teeth?
Yeah! There’re braces that you can get back on your teeth to straighten your smile. These braces are called lingual braces. Invisalign Carlsbad is also an ideal option for those patients who do not want to show anyone about their orthodontic treatment.
Lingual Braces San Diego is also called “incognito Braces”, they’re quite different from traditional metal braces. The biggest advantage of lingual braces and Invisalign is, they are so well concealed, and no one can detect your braces.
Getting braces on the back of the teeth or wearing Invisalign both can boost the self-esteem and confidence of patients. Invisalign Dentist provides patients with these modern-day alternatives to traditional braces.
Pros and cons of Lingual Braces San Diego
Our orthodontist San Diego will first examine your oral cavity to ensure that you are the right candidate of lingual braces or not. Lingual Braces are not for everyone. Because some treatments are not suitable with hidden braces.
Pros of Lingual Braces
- Virtually invisible
- Fewer chances of calcification on the front surface of teeth
- Reliable for a wide range of orthodontic issues
- Custom-made to fit your teeth easily
- Good choice for musicians who play wind instruments like flute, clarinet.
Cons of Lingual Braces
- Effect patient speech for a short period of time
- Take longer treatment time than the standard braces
- More expensive than regular braces or Invisalign
- Require more regular dental check-up than traditional braces
- They’re hardened to clean as you can’t see the food stuck behind your teeth.
Pros and Cons of Invisalign San Diego
There are several advantages of getting Invisalign instead of getting traditional braces. Here, are the pros and cons of clear Invisalign.
Pros of Invisalign San Diego
- Invisalign are more comfortable to wear as there is no wire or brackets.
- They are virtually invisible so you can smile freely.
- They’re super convenient as you do not need to maneuver around bracket and wires.
- Invisalign aligners can be removed for eating, brushing, and flossing.
- It requires less dental visits.
Cons of Invisalign San Diego
- They’re expensive and not covered by dental insurance.
- More and more attachment to go with Invisalign become the norms.
- Invisalign must be worn for a minimum of 22 hours per day.
- It requires focused attention to oral hygiene.
Should I get lingual braces or Invisalign?
Invisalign are made up of awesome material, cutting edge and diagnostic computer technology. The treatment is only as good as the orthodontist in San Diego mapping out the movements of your teeth. If you’re thinking about braces vs Invisalign, consult with professional and trained orthodontist San Diego. He will examine your mouth thoroughly to determine which option is the best bet for achieving the desired goals.
Contact us today, and let’s discover which treatment will give you a confident grin.