If you’re considering about straightening your teeth—choosing between Invisalign and braces can be a daunting task. There is no doubt you have plenty of questions about them. Especially about their effectiveness and affordability. Everyone wants the best option to get the job done with an efficient lifestyle and appearance. Straightening your teeth is not something you want over and over again. It is essential to understand the basics of both Invisalign and braces so, you can easily choose which is better for you.
So, do research, and ask questions that come into your mind from your San Diego Orthodontics. At Orange Family Dentistry, our Orthodontist San Diego will help you to decide between the two. The type of orthodontics treatment suitable for you depends on your oral problem you need to have corrected.
Understanding the basics of Braces and Invisalign
Braces and Invisalign both are used to straighten the teeth, improve your oral health, and to enhance your smile too. Traditional braces are made of metal and attached to the outside of the teeth and have a successful history. Invisalign is an advanced orthodontic treatment and also becoming popular cosmetic treatment with the over and over time.
Braces are traditionally made of metal brackets that are attached to the front surface of the teeth with the help of metal wires. While Invisalign are clear plastic aligners. Scan, pictures and X-rays are used to make a 3D scan of your mouth. Customized aligners are then placed over your teeth to move the teeth in small steps until the correct position is obtained.
Here, we’ll discuss the pros and cons of orthodontics treatment (Invisalign and Braces) so you can better choose between the two.
Pros and Cons of Invisalign
- Aligners are made of clear plastic. The biggest benefit of Invisalign is that aligners are virtually invisible and reliable for those who want to make their treatment a bit discreet. Throughout your treatment, you’ve to wear your aligners for 20-22 hours a day.
- It also helps to maintain good oral hygiene and easier to clean than braces. You can easily remove Invisalign retainer, while you’re eating, drinking, or brushing. With nothing on your teeth, you can easily brush and floss your teeth as you do previously. Not only this with Invisalign you can also enjoy all your favorite food as you normally would.
- You can change your aligner trays every two weeks on your San Diego Orthodontist No need to visit your Orthodontist San Diego for help with adjustment so visits are kept to a minimum to check on the progress.
- Much like traditional braces, you may feel small degree discomfort and pain when teeth moving or shifting around with Invisalign.
- You may experience fewer mouth and gum problems with Invisalign. Research has shown that Invisalign Orthodontics Treatment has a lower impact on your oral health as compared to traditional braces.
- Regular brushing and flossing is imperative to avoid any staining on either the aligner trays and on your teeth.
Invisalign San Diego prices depend on the length of procedures, a number of visits to the dentist you may need, a number of clear aligners, and the fee charges of a dental lab. However, if you have a simple case, your orthodontist has recommended year’s or less than this time span as treatment then cost for having Invisalign San Diego treatment will automatically be lowered.
Pros and Cons of Braces
- Traditional braces are usually silver in color, some people don’t like its look. If you choose to opt for metal braces, then you may need to wear them 24 hours a day and all through the week, as long as your treatment is necessary.
- Braces are suitable for all treatment no matter how complicated your case is. If you’ve multiple dental and facial issues than braces can be used to fix each one.
- Braces can achieve a better result than Invisalign. They’re permanently attached to the teeth so, there’s no temptation to remove them. That’s why these can provide higher level of
- Metal braces require more attention as compared to Invisalign. If the food particles accumulate in then it may lead to plaque build-up around the braces. If not brushing and flossing properly then it can cause you teeth stain and even may cause decay.
- After wearing Braces, visit orthodontists after every few months become necessary. So that Elite Orthodontist San Diego can check the adjustment of your braces.
- The wires and braces can cause irritation and soreness in your mouth. You’ve to be conscious with braces while consuming food and drinks. Because hard and sticky food can cause the arc of wire to break.
The average cost of Braces San Diego can be similar to Invisalign. The cost of both Braces and Invisalign depends on the complexity of your oral health. Lingual Braces San Diego is often compared with Invisalign as both offer invisible appearance. Like Invisalign, the Lingual Braces are fully custom made and expensive.
Invisalign Effectiveness VS Braces
Invisalign San Diego is not always an ace treatment for all orthodontics issues. Typically the dentist does not recommend it for more complex orthodontics issues.
Before deciding which treatment you go through, ask with your cosmetic dentist San Diego CA, if you can expect the same result from all methods. It’ll help you to choose the treatment right for you. The Elite Orthodontist San Diego will always advise you on the best treatment options according to your specific situation.
Choose the right treatment as option
There’re a lot of things to consider when you’re weighing up the option for orthodontic treatment. Do research on orthodontic treatments and decide what the pros and cons matter most to you. You can also take help from our Dixon Orthodontics San Diego to make your decision easier.
Straightening your teeth to improve the aesthetic beauty of your smile and to enhance your oral is not something to put on the back burner. Call us at (619)280-4861 to book a consultation with us. We’ll discuss the best treatment for your teeth during your first visit to our oral surgeon San Diego office.