What is laser dentistry? If this is your first time hearing the word laser dentistry and you have never known about this creative kind of dental care, then this might be an ideal opportunity for you to learn.
Laser dentistry is a minimally obtrusive option when you’re confronting gum medical procedures, cavity treatment, or other oral issues. It is the most recent technological advancement in dental care.
How do lasers work?
Lasers utilized in dental work are like those seen in other medicinal fields. A laser surgical deice creates a light emission in the infrared extends which is imperceptible to human sight. The waves of light in the shaft all vibrate at the very same frequency. This lucidness gives the laser it’s one of a kind capacity to cut and heat tissue with pinpoint precision. The inner structure, which makes the beam is commonly a gas, a precious stone, (for example, garnet) or water-like semiconductors made of metal.
What procedures involve laser dentistry?
- Cavity exposure: Lasers help in detecting cavities in their earliest stages. This allows the dentist to treat them before any severe complications.
- Tooth decay: Doctors can detect tooth decay with the help of lasers. Moreover, lasers can effectively remove tooth decay, preparing the teeth for filling.
- Teeth whitening: Teeth whitening is the most common procedure using lasers to accelerate the teeth whitening process, creating beautiful smiles.
- Removing tumors: Lasers play a significant role in eliminating mouth tumors. No matter what the mouth area, lasers can detect tumors and remove them effectively.
- Biopsy: With the help of lasers, doctors can remove tissues from mouth easily for examination and other necessities
- Frenula treatment: A laser frenectomy is a perfect treatment for kids who have confined or tight frenulum and baby’s incapable of breastfeeding because of restricted tongue development.
- Tooth sensitivity: The use of dental lasers in treating tooth sensitivity is widespread, sealing tubules present at the root of the tooth that is responsible for hot and cold tooth sensitivity.
- Tissue reshaping: a cosmetic dentist can use lasers to change the patient’s gumline for creating a more attractive smile.
Types of lasers used in laser dentistry:
There are two main types of lasers doctors use while treating patients for dental conditions. One is hard tissue lasers, and the other is hard tissue lasers. Every laser utilizes an alternate wavelength that makes it proper for cutting into that specific kind of tissue. This works because every sort of tissue ingests wavelengths of light in various manners.
- Hard tissue lasers:
A hard tissue laser has a wavelength utilized primarily for your teeth. The wavelength of one of these lasers’ slices through both water and bone, explicitly the calcium phosphate that is in your bones and your teeth. These lasers can precisely cut into your teeth, expelling limited quantities for molding purposes or in anticipation of strategies.
- Soft tissue lasers:
The soft tissue lasers utilize a light wavelength that hemoglobin and water assimilate effectively. Hemoglobin is the particle found in blood, which makes soft tissue lasers perfect for gum work. These lasers are ideal for cutting into soft tissues. They also seal the blood vessels, which is why you don’t bleed particularly during laser dentistry and why recovery is faster after laser dentistry.
Benefits of laser dentistry:
Laser dentistry is beneficial in so many ways. Now people with dental anxiety can count on their benefits and treat their dental problems without any discomfort.
- The minimum amount of blood loss
- Less invasive
- No anesthetic requirement, local anesthesia works best
- Faster recovery time due to less gums damage
- Requires no cutting and suturing
- No use of traditional tools
- Minimum damage to neighboring tissues
- Rarely cause infections
- Targets only damage tissues
- More comfortable
- Safer than other dental treatments
Various kinds of procedures can be performed with lasers, and every patient has their own specific needs. If you are looking for an extremely safe and comfortable treatment, our laser dentistry experts in San Diego can facilitate you with the best laser technology treatments in town.