Dentistry restores healthy smiles and provides you with a confident outlook, also crucial for patients wearing dentures.
Dentistry restores healthy smiles and provides you with a confident outlook, which is also crucial for patients wearing dentures. Dr. Tran’s team practices for the preservation of oral hygiene and offers personalized denture services. Our patients are unique, as we create high-quality affordable dentures that provide them comfort and natural look.
What are dentures?
Dentures are the replacement of missing teeth that are natural looking and removable.
Dentures are of two types: full and partial.
- Full dentures – They consist of upper and lower set and mainly used when all of the natural teeth are removed.
- Conventional full dentures – These dentures are placed in oral cavity when the gum tissues have healed, which may take several months.
- Immediate full dentures – They are immediately inserted after the teeth have been removed and may be relined during the first couple of months of use.
- Partial dentures – They are recommended when one or more natural teeth are needed to replace. These dentures are fixed with the help of a metal frame that is connected to your natural teeth. Partial dentures are considered a removable alternative to bridges.
How do I know if dentures are the right choice for me?
Are you searching “dentures in a day near me” or want to discuss either the dental implant is better for you or the cheap dentures? Please schedule an appointment and visit our San Diego Dental Office to get more information about dentures and to know how they are a good choice for you. Our team of experts will satisfy you by answering any questions you might have and can help you determine the best course of treatment for your oral health.
Caring for your dentures
Dentures require regular maintenance to stay clean and to prevent the growth of bacteria in the oral cavity. Use following rule to keep your dentures clean and your smile healthy:
- Handle your dentures carefully, use a folded towel or sink full with water this way, if you accidentally drop your dentures, they are less likely to break.
- Dentures can’t resist from tartar and plaque. So, brush them regularly.
- Don’t use household cleaners, mouthwashes, and toothpaste to clean dentures, always rinse your dentures with gentle cleanser i.e. Dish wash.
- Don’t let dentures dry out especially when you are not wearing it, soak them in solution or clear water otherwise they may dry out lose their shape, or even crack and break.
- Always keep your gums and tongue clean if you are using a full set of dentures. Gently clean your gums and tongue every day with a soft-bristle brush.
- If your dentures are broken accidently, please contact Orange Family Dentistry to schedule an appointment as soon as possible. Broken dentures can create annoyance to your gums and mouth. So, visit your dentist every six months to check the condition of your denture to make assured that your Oral health or unique smile stay for many years to come.