The duration of orthodontic treatments may continue for years, but not anymore. The advancements in modern dentistry have made it possible to opt for better and quicker solutions to your problem. Fast braces are a popular orthodontic treatment and alternative to traditional braces and other kinds of aligners. They are similar to traditional braces; however, they work faster than the former. We may suggest them in case of misaligned, crooked, or overly crowded teeth.
How Do Fast braces Work?
Fast braces are a more advanced version of conventional braces. They work with the same intention of shifting your teeth to their desired positions by using controlled pressures. However, certain factors make this orthodontic treatment unique from others. Unlike conventional braces, fast braces move both the root and crowns of your teeth simultaneously.
As fast braces work on your teeth as a whole, the intended results are achieved faster than other forms of orthodontic treatment.
What are the Benefits of Fast braces?
- Fast braces are a tested and effective method of orthodontic treatment. When compared to traditional braces, many improvements have been made to prove their effectiveness.
- The treatment involving traditional braces is time-consuming. But it is not the case when you opt for fast braces. Instead of living with traditional braces for years, you can achieve perfectly aligned teeth in a much shorter period.
- Fast braces do not involve the use of a replacement wire. The same wire that we attach at the beginning of the procedure remains throughout the treatment. This factor also cuts down your multiple visits to the clinic, thus saving both time and energy.
- Fastbraces are a cost-effective orthodontic treatment. Initially, you may have to pay a little extra for this treatment. But rest assured, as you can save a lot of money in the long run.
- When compared to traditional braces, they offer improved oral hygiene.
- Many patients often complain about the discomfort while wearing traditional braces. Fastbraces, on the other hand, offer extreme levels of comfort as they are made lighter and more flexible. Wearing them creates less friction.
Procedure and Care
The procedure of application of fast braces is similar to traditional braces. Once attached to your teeth, it is vital to care for them. You must follow good oral hygiene habits like brushing and flossing your teeth regularly to keep food particles, plaque, and other accumulations at bay. Avoid having soda or sticky foods and biting on hard objects. If you are indulging in sports with fast braces, wear a mouthguard to protect them from breaking.
To find out more about the dental services offered at Orange Family Dental, call (619) 280-4861 or schedule an online consultation. You can also visit Dentist in San Diego, CA at 4205 Fairmount Avenue, San Diego, CA 92105.