If you think only traditional braces can treat your misaligned teeth, think again. The advancements in dentistry have provided many restorative solutions for misaligned, crooked, and crowded teeth, and the treatment is not restricted to conventional braces alone. Invisalign has become the most sought-after treatment for misaligned teeth.
Invisalign is a set of clear aligners designed as per individual needs and requirements. These aligners are made using a thermoplastic material. They work by shifting your teeth slightly, moving them vertically or horizontally, and even rotating them if needed. They use the right amount of force at the right time, thus providing you with the best smile.
When Do I Need Invisalign?
- Overly crowded teeth are a big problem, and if left untreated, it may give rise to various concerns, especially gum disease. We may suggest Invisalign if you have overcrowded teeth.
- Invisalign is also used in case of extra space between your teeth.
- We will perform this procedure if you have any bite problems, including underbite, overbite, and crossbite.
What Does the Procedure Include?
We start with the procedure by examining your teeth. It may include taking X-rays to understand if you are a suitable candidate for them. After this, we will create a custom treatment plan for you. With the help of digital scans, you can see the results of the treatment beforehand. We will send the scans of your teeth to the Invisalign lab to create customized aligners and then fit them on your teeth.
Each set of aligners is to be changed with a new one after two weeks. Ensure you wear them 20-22 hours a day. You can easily remove them before eating and brushing your teeth.
What are the Benefits of Invisalign?
- The best benefit of Invisalign is that they are practically invisible. People often give second thoughts to an orthodontic treatment like braces because these attachments make them conscious about their smile. It doesn’t happen when you wear an Invisalign, as people will barely notice you are wearing them.
- You do not have to limit eating your favorite food items. Eat whatever you want, but ensure to remove your aligners before having food.
- Invisalign is easy to remove and maintain. Taking care of your oral hygiene becomes easier with the help of clear aligners.
- They are a more comfortable and safer alternative than traditional braces. Unlike the latter, Invisalign doesn’t include wires or brackets that could injure the inside of your mouth.
To find out more about the dental services offered at Orange Family Dental, call (619) 280-4861 or schedule an online consultation. You can also visit Dentist in San Diego, CA at 4205 Fairmount Avenue, San Diego, CA 92105.