Brushing and flossing are daily oral hygiene practices performed to maintain your oral hygiene. But do you know your teeth need some more care to prevent the onset of infection and cavities? The accumulation of plaque, tartar, bacteria, and other elements causes many dental problems. Sadly, brushing and flossing alone doesn’t remove such build-up completely, and you need to resort to other solutions to maintain your dental health.
We perform a thorough tooth cleaning procedure to remove such substances and avoid problems like periodontal disease, cavities, gingivitis, and others.
What are the Benefits of Teeth Cleaning?
- Teeth cleaning helps to brighten your smile. It removes all the stains from your teeth caused by the consumption of acidic foods and aerated drinks.
- Dental cleaning also reduces foul odor in your mouth.
- Excessive build-up of plaque causes tooth decay, which erodes your enamel and results in cavities. Visiting us regularly for teeth cleaning ensures that you keep cavities at bay.
- Teeth cleaning is a safe procedure for all age groups.
- When you opt for teeth cleaning regularly, it also boosts your overall health as there is a strong correlation between the two.
How is Teeth Cleaning Performed?
We will carry out your physical examination. Using a dental mirror, we will check around your gums and teeth for the signs of inflamed gums or other potential concerns. We will use a dental instrument called a scaler to remove all the plaque and tartar from your gum line and between your teeth.
Once your teeth are free from such accumulation, we will brush them using a high-powered electric brush. Brushing with gritty toothpaste offers thorough cleaning of your teeth. After brushing your teeth, we will perform expert flossing by getting deep between your teeth and locating any potential trouble spots. Flossing also helps us remove any leftover plaque or toothpaste from your mouth. We will rinse your mouth to get rid of the debris.
Teeth cleaning also includes offering a fluoride treatment to strengthen your teeth and protect them against cavities. Fluoride treatment involves the application of fluoride gel on your teeth. We will keep it for some time and then wash your mouth. Do not eat or drink anything for two hours after fluoride treatment to allow the fluoride to absorb properly into your teeth. Visit us twice a year for teeth cleaning to maintain the results in the long run.
To find out more about the dental services offered at Orange Family Dental, call (619) 280-4861 or schedule an online consultation. You can also visit Dentist in San Diego, CA at 4205 Fairmount Avenue, San Diego, CA 92105.