The innocent smile of children can never be bought by the millions of bug in your wallet. But the restoration of this smile is essential. Chocolate, Sippin’ on sipping cup, Pacifier, chugging sugary soda, and neglecting dentist can damage the little pearly white teeth of your child. There is nothing more beautiful then innocent smile of your toddler. So, Visit best Kids Dentist San Diego within six months after their first tooth appears is vital.
According to the Centers for Diseases Control (CDC) 19% of children between the age of 2 and 19 have untreated cavities. However, childhood tooth decay can be prevented with the help of regular dental check-up and by avoiding the child to adopt the bad dental habit. Health of baby teeth is also be necessary because it holds the space open for permanent teeth to come in.
Oral Health problems in Children
There’re number of problems that can affects the oral health of children.
- Tooth Decay
- Thumb Sucking
- Tongue thrusting
- Lip sucking
- And early tooth loss
Tips for kids better Dental Health
Dental health should not be taken lightly. For better dental health of kids following tips should be considered:
- Children should visit the dentist within the six months after the first tooth coming in.
- Teach your kids the importance of caring teeth and the benefits of good oral hygiene.
- Brushing is essential for teeth health. To make your child regular brushing habit have your teenagers play with fun tooth brushing game during brushing. This’ll help in making regular brushing habit.
- Consult with Best Kid’s Dentist in San Diego, about sealants and fluoride application that will protect your kids from cavities before they happen
- Talk to your Pediatric Dentist San Diego about different medication that can affect your child’s teeth. Because children medicines are often sweets and sugary and long-term prescriptions of these medicines can make your child suffer from cavities and tooth decay.
- Fruits and veggies are beneficial for your child health. Be sure! Choose the fruits and vegetable rich in water (apple, melon, spinach, and broccoli) but limit the fruits and vegetable that is enriched with sugar (banana, grapes, carrot, corns).
- Calcium is not only beneficial for bone, but it is also essential for your baby’s teeth. Along with milk, add cheese and yogurt on your children diet.
- Stay your children away from sticky and starchy foods like raisins, jelly bean, caramel, and even granola bars, because they’re not good for your child dental health.
Does not have to feel overwhelming about the dental care of kids. Try to involve your kids to understand the importance of healthy gum and teeth. So, they feel excited about taking their gum and teeth healthy.
San Diego Children’s Dental Clinics
A sparkling smile is something that both you and your children work at. That’s why regular dental checkup is highly recommended at almost any age. Appointment at San Diego Children Dental Clinic is not only a key to keep your gum and teeth healthy, but it is also catching the oral problem at early ages like tooth decaying and gum diseases.
At Orange Family Dentistry, Dr. Tran is the best pediatric dentist in San Diego who will go whole the nine yards to restore the sweet, charming smile of kids. We’re striving to provide comfort to our patient in our state-of-art dental suits. You can get in touch with us at (619)280-4861 to get an ideal treatment of your kids.