Our oral cavity goes through many variations in our lifetime. Wisdom teeth are one of the major milestones that usually take place between the ages of 17 and 25. Anyone who has gotten their wisdom teeth or third molar knows how painfully they erupt. They begin forming in your oral cavity around your tenth birthday and erupted when you become wiser or older that’s why they’re nickname as wisdom teeth.
Healthy wisdom teeth can help you in chew. It may cause little discomfort when they appear but if they cause pain then consult with your Dentist immediately.
Although there is no harm to keep your wisdom teeth. But if they cause pain or do not find enough room to grow or they come through in the wrong direction then it’s time to say goodbye to your wisdom teeth.
When is wisdom teeth removal required?
When wisdom teeth cause problems and X-ray shows that they’ve come in the wrong direction and damaging your surrounding teeth. It can also form cyst around another your new teeth that can hollow out your jaw and damage your nerves. It can make your gum inflamed and hard to clean. Swollen gums can create pockets between teeth that provide a lovely room for bacteria growth. If you find these symptoms then consult with your dentist for wisdom teeth removal.
Ways to relieve Wisdom Tooth Pain
Before you can get an appointment to the dentist San Diego and finally get your wisdom teeth taken out, it’s more than likely you’ll be in a lot of pain. Fortunately, there are some ways that will immensely help you in the wisdom tooth pain.
- Rinse your mouth with warm salt water is the most cost-effective way to get rid of wisdom tooth pain.
- Onion is a great natural remedy in wisdom tooth pain. Put the piece of onion on inside of the cheek where the tooth is hurt for 10-15 minutes and bite on it occasionally to extract the juice. It will give you enough relief in your tooth pain.
- Clove is the oldest remedy for tooth pain. Place a whole clove or clove oil on your painful wisdom tooth to relieve pain.
- Using an ice-pack on the side of your mouth that hurts because of the emergence of wisdom teeth is an easy way to reduce inflammation and pain.
- Anti-inflammatory drugs like Ibuprofen or aspirin can also be used to reduce inflammation and pain.
- Apple cider vinegar is also an amazing remedy to give you relief in your tooth pain. Take a cotton ball and soak it in apple cider vinegar and place it on your painful wisdom teeth to get rid of the pain.
- Chilled cucumber is also an excellent remedy in wisdom tooth pain. Cut a small slice of chilled cucumber and place it on your hurting tooth to get relief.
Wisdom tooth extraction is as easy as ABC.
If you want a wisdom tooth removal, consult with our dentist. He will first examine your mouth and position of your teeth to make a decision. We use aesthetic treatment and advanced tools and techniques to make your treatment as comfortable as possible.
If you’re feeling pain and notice swelling or a bad odor near your back teeth, then feel free to call us.